The Personal Energy Journey is a search to understand and master, on a sustainable basis, our own energy.
We start by becoming aware of the crucial role that our energy plays in ALL our outcomes. We work better, play better, dance and sing better, drive better – even sleep better – when our personal energy is high. But when it is low, we slump.
Inevitably we then see just how infectious human energy is. Yours affects mine, just as mine affects yours. And together we affect others, near and far away.
Three questions then emerge and demand and deserve credible and well-researched answers:
1. Why does energy play such a fundamental role in all our outcomes?
2. Where does energy come from?
3. How do we master it? What do we do on a bad hair day, or when our emotions are negative, or we are physically hampered?
The Energy Journey takes us to sound answers to all three of these important questions; and then makes the most exciting observation that Human Energy is
Clean and Green.
Understand where we are going on this personal energy journey
- Lecture 1 – The Journey Overview
- Lecture 2 – Pack your bags, let’s begin our journey together
- Lecture 3 – It’s a leisurely journey at your own pace, with no pressure. Enjoy
- Lecture 4 – Namaste – the greeting that taught us most about greeting properly.
- Lecture 5 – We nag you not to even start this journey without a journal as your companion
- Lecture 6 – More nagging!
- Lecture 7 – Not one journey – perhaps five! Steve explains.
Stage 1 creates a profound awareness of the crucial role that human energy plays in all human performance.
- Lecture 8 – We greet and open the “tap” so that there is a flow of information between us
- Lecture 9 – Look Up. Our fav YouTube video. Its message is so profound, and so relevant
- Lecture 10 Look Up. If the video touched you, you will want the words to share.
- Lecture 11 – Father and Son. That moment of magic that changes a relationship forever
- Lecture 12 – Monopoly. Not a game – a war!
- Lecture 13 – Isn’t life a game. Colin’s life search for greater meaning starts.
- Lecture 14 – Think about someone who has taught you a valuable lesson
- Lecture 15 – Energy drives Performance. Colin’s most powerful wake-up call ever
- Lecture 16 – Does your energy have such a profound impact on ALL your outcomes?
- Lecture 17 – Yes my energy affects all my outcomes – cooking, driving, sleeping and working
- Lecture 18 – Negative energy. The flipside of positive energy
- Lecture 19 – Read a newspaper. Feel the energy go down
- Lecture 20 – “No Contest”. One of our fav books changed our understanding of competition
- Lecture 21 – Beach bats. A story of one game that has no winner
- Lecture 22 – Conclusion. Fill your kitbags with this magic word “Energy”.
- Lecture 23 – Journal your own positive and negative experiences of energy.
Stage 2: Energy is not just energy, network, treasure map
Stage 2 confirms what we all know. That energy is infectious. Mine affects yours, your affects mine, and ours affects everyone around us. We draw our Treasure Map.
- Lecture 24 – Another AH-HA about energy. My energy affects yours, yours affects mine
- Lecture 25 – Make a list of those who Add AND of those who Subtract
- Lecture 26 – More exciting, Multipliers and Dividers spiral energy up and down
- Lecture 27 – Think of those in your life who Multiply and boost your energy
- Lecture 28 – We draw our Treasure Map. A map of the people who are on this journey with us
- Lecture 29 – How others see you. Perhaps you are a Subtracter – or even a Divider
- Lecture 30 – Your treasure map may look something like this
- Lecture 31 – How about getting a reading on your own energy right now
- Lecture 32 – How we affect one another. We can see it clearly on our Treasure Map
Stage 3: The journey map
In Stage 3 we draw the Journey Map. We ask ourselves:Where are we now? Where are we going? Which of three different destinations are we going to choose?
- Lecture 33 – Moving out of base camp with your Treasure Map. Where to?
- Lecture 34 – We draw the Journey Map. It has three destinations.
- Lecture 35 – Where are you now?
- Lecture 36 – Oscar Wilde “To live is the rarest thing in the world, most people just exist”
- Lecture 37 – “If you ain’t busy living you’re sure busy dying”
- Lecture 38 – Combine your Journey Map with your Treasure Map
- Lecture 39 – You have a kitbag of energy and TWO maps.
Stage 4a: Fundamentals about Energy
Stage 4 explains why energy is so fundamental to performance because energy drives the way our brains work.
- Lecture 40 – Colin explains “WHY?” Why does your energy have such a dramatic affect
- Lecture 41 – We talk about two important parts of our brains – the Left and the Right Brain
- Lecture 42 – Intruder. A loud noise wakes you up at 3am. What happens?
- Lecture 43 – Double period. Think about a double period at school. What happened?
- Lecture 44 – Compare a boring school experience with a high energy one.
- Lecture 45 – Your brain works twice as well when your energy is high.
- Lecture 46 – Join Colin in a head-on accident. What happens in your Brain?
- Lecture 47 – Try this puzzle to test your brain.
- Lecture 48 – BRAIN CAPACITY. It’s not how much brain power we have, but how we USE it.
- Lecture 49 – When could you share ideas to create better ones?
- Lecture 50 – The intruder. The second half of the story of the intruder – oh dear!
Stage 4b: Brains Working Together
We look at a convincing understanding of how brains work and why they work best together with those of others – the Collective Brain.
- Lecture 51 – Lions vs Leopards. Human brains are designed to work together
- Lecture 52 – More of the miracle of thinking together – our shared databases
- Lecture 53 – More Brain magic. We share our ability to “see” together.
- Lecture 54 – Think about when you last thought “with” someone else.
- Lecture 55 – Steve tells the story of the Travelling Wilbury’s.
- Lecture 56 – A unforgettable reaction between two quite different polymers showing us the way
- Lecture 57 – All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Let’s play Scrabble
- Lecture 58 – Who had the most words – and what we could have done together.
- Lecture 59 – Add an E. Now let’s change the game a little
- Lecture 60 – Now look at what we have achieved
- Lecture 61 – Imagine that in our team we had a Xhosa, a Frenchman and a Greek
- Lecture 62 – If you found any words we didn’t find send them to us please
- Lecture 63 – But where would we be if we had played against each other as in life we often do
Stage 5: How to change relationships so our brains respond
Stage 5 explains very simply from whence our energy comes – from relationships, because that is all there is. Once we know where to seek it, the “HOW?”
- Lecture 64 – The next exciting discovery. Where does energy come from?
- Lecture 65 – Steve’s piece of string. A call to action.
- Lecture 66 – What are your dreams for the rest of your life?
- Lecture 67 – Colin shares a story of his inflated ego. He blushes when he tells it.
- Lecture 68 – The embarrassing story continues.
- Lecture 69 – The story ends – badly for Colin’s ego.
- Lecture 70 – When last did you let your ego run away with you?
- Lecture 71 – What is ego? EGO is the enemy of energy.
- Lecture 72 – Steve tells about how he stepped out of his father’s shadow.
- Lecture 73 – What is unique and special about who you really are?
- Lecture 74 – Steve reads an unforgettable poem about being real. It will touch you.
- Lecture 75 – The words in full for you to share with others
- Lecture 76 – How did the poem make you feel?
- Lecture 77 – This time Steve shows a test of balance, and how hard it can be
- Lecture 78 – The Real Me The Namaste me Colin talks about his search for his own unique self
- Lecture 79 – The Velveteen Rabbit. A reading from one of the most loved children’s classics.
- Lecture 80 – Do you become Real – or are you born Real?
- Lecture 81 – What needs to be chipped away to reveal the Real You?
- Lecture 82 – And how do you chip away? What tool do you use? Here’s one that seems to work.
- Lecture 83 – Energy Map. Go back to your Journey Map. More Blue and less Red.
- Lecture 84 – The Real Me/Real Us. Another source of wonderful energy
- Lecture 85 – Do I belong? A quiz to help you think about whether you belong.
- Lecture 86 – Do you matter?
- Lecture 87 – Where do you feel you truly belong?
- Lecture 88 – Colin tells a story of profound wisdom at the highest level – Nelson Mandela.
- Lecture 89 – The second part of this extraordinary story.
- Lecture 90 – Introduction to the book Colin wrote for his granddaughter when she was 4 years
- Lecture 91 – The Blue and Red choices in life.
- Lecture 92 – Mum I’ve got a problem – because I’m purple. Aren’t we all?
Stage 6: How
Stage 6 stresses that the “HOW?” to sustain high levels of personal energy is really quite easy, but it is different for each one of us.
- Lecture 93 – HOW is simple Just use your instinctive understanding of your own unique energy
- Lecture 94 – Visit our Playblue website. It’s full of stories of Blue
- Lecture 95 – Colin reads from the bottom of a muddy river.
- Lecture 96 – There is no “HOW” that works for everyone. Each of us is unique.
- Lecture 97 – We share the tips fellow travelers have given us.
- Lecture 98 – “How to” list. Dozens of lovely ideas to enhance energy.
- Lecture 99 – The magic of Fractals. Small actions repeated frequently at regular intervals.
- Lecture 100 – Steve reads a poem that will make you think.
Stage 7: Conclusion
Stage 7 invites fellow travellers on the Energy Journey to keep working at their “HOW?” and to play more BLUE than RED consistently.
- Lecture 101 – Let’s go back to the Journey Map and see where you are now
- Lecture 102 – Can we change the world around us or do we start right here with ourselves first
- Lecture 103 – Where is your energy now? Where was it when you started?
- Lecture 104 – Don’t wait until you have retired to start to live fully.
- Lecture 105 – Think of your life ahead – write in your Journal. Then share them. Then do them!
- Lecture 106 – “Abake babonana bayophinde babonane futhi”